View Single Post
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 03:20 AM       
I remember seeing this movie in the theater when it first came out. I was in college and I reviewed it for the school paper and they changed my article title to totally contradict what I wrote about it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great twisted movie, great villain, I jumped, I watched it through my hands, I was making all sorts of "eee eee eee" noises, but there were aspects of the movie I didn't like. I know the movie was supposed to be dark, but so dark you couldn't *see* I knew the dildo was bad, but I couldn't see why :/ which kind of ruined it for me. And I thought parts of it were somewhat cliche (particularly the ending). Granted, our villain was clever, but when it came to the end, I just didn't like it. I understand why he did it, but I didn't like it, probably because of the admission made to Freeman's charrie earlier in the film. If you've seen it, you likely know what I'm talking about.

I have no problem agreeing with Proto that the above scene is one severely f'ed up moment, though, which is, of course, the core of the article *laughs*