View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I missed the phenomenon I called "Question time with the fucknuts in the lobby", which is when Blue Jackets fans would go up to Jim Day with what were sometimes good and sometimes extremely stupid questions about hockey in general. I love the deer-in-the-headlights look as a drunken fan tries to come up with something intelligent on TV. So it'll be fun to see that again.
Heh.

Back in the days of Eric Lindros, the local Sports Talk Radio hosted a similar program (infrequently) informally known as "Hockeyz in da 'Hood". Turns out the "Legion of Doom" line (Lindros, Mikael Renberg and John LeClair) brought out a whole new cadre of hockey fans who weren't exactly familiar with the game. I loved to listen to them answer the simplest of questions like "What is a two-line pass?" and "Can you give me an example of 'offsides'?" Some of the responses were truly sitcom laugh-track worthy.

Damn, but I miss those days.
You may already be there.