View Single Post
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 02:00 PM        Most UNDERRATED games... biatch.
Welcome to the other end of the spectrum. Wipe your feet and leave you simple-brained opinions about consoles at the front door. And yeah, this thread's been done in the past. But why bump a thread I might not be able to find?

Kingdom Hearts. People immediately see Disney stuff, and treat it like a SARS outbreak. This is one of the most fun games in the universe, with gameplay reminiscent of Secret of Mana, but with a ton of additions. Some nice side-quests and uber-bosses are in there too. Everyone must play it.

Harvest Moon. Farming sims. Seem boring, but they're highly addictive. There's so much to do, that you can play through over and over (if you have the patience) and advance the game however you want. Grow whatever crops, get whatever animals, whatever additions to your house, even whatever wife you may want. It's incredibly fun. Save the Homeland stands as the odd-one-out, simplifying the gameplay and giving you a shorter time frame. But it's still fun.

SOCOM. The headset alone makes this game incredibly fun. Talking to your fellow soldiers and receiving messages on your mission is really good. A very strong use of stealth, and varied landscapes and missions make this game worth at least renting (but you won't get a headset that way). Online has gone to shit, with so many people finding ways to use game-alterring devices. But if you can still find some honest players, online play is just as much, if not more, fun.

WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth. I was never interested in wrestling until I checked out the shows after playing Smackdown 2. Now, I hate WWE TV because it sucks donkey balls, but that doesn't make the games any less fun. In other words, it's not all that much of a niche title, appealing only to wrestling fags (not unlike the Tony Hawk series).

Season mode is a little bland, and sometimes annoying. But there's nothing more fun than gathering FIVE friends (you'll need a second multi-tap), and duking it out in one of several gimmick matches, or straight-out wrestling matches. Lots of things are lacking, but the fun that can be had by talking shit to your friend as your wrestler wails on his with a chair outweighs them all. And the ENDLESS possibilities with Create-A-Wrestler is just the icing on the cake. Wanna have your crazy made-up midget wrestle The Tick? Done, and done.