View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:39 PM       
If you connect to the internet through a router, you will probably have to enable port forwarding for your computer's internal IP on the same ports and protocols that uTorrent uses. That information should be somewhere in the options under 'connections' or 'ports' or something.

As far as finding your computer's IP, go to start->run, type 'cmd', type 'ipconfig', and you'll have it. If your router uses DHCP (default on most routers, gives you an IP automatically and changes when the router is reset), you'll have to change the port forwards on the router every time that happens. My router in specific allows you to force a particular IP for certain MAC addresses (a MAC address is like a computer's social security number ;<) connected to the network, so I can always keep 192.168.2.42 forwarded on ports TCP 6666-6667 for Azureus/uTorrent, in my example.