View Single Post
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM       
The game is surprisingly good, and is a damned faithful game, and in more ways than I originally anticipated. I myself did a lengthy review on Bionic Commando here about a week ago; check it out if you want some more data.

The game is damned solid, and worth checking out - if only because we're never going to see another title like Rearmed unless this game does well enough, and that pisses me off. So many of the game's shortcomings stem from the aforementioned time constraints/budget issues, and it shows.

Capcom pushed hard for an early release date, and it shows - the game isn't as polished as it could be, wraps up on a cliffhanger. There was a lot that was cut from the game last-minute due to Capcom's repeated budget-slashes and timeframe changes. At the last minute, adding insult to injury, the game's production and advertising budgets were slashed to horrendously low levels. Grin only managed to make up for it with some sneaky and surprisingly subtle product placement.

A lot of the game's shortcomings are purportedly scheduled to be fixed with DLC, including new multiplayer maps, and challenge rooms.
I pray this is true.

On the other hand, Multiplayer is pure chaos and absolutely win.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is completely insane.