View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM       
Bazilisk, I am just now seeing your comments about this. All four of the I-Mock writers are into different music, so you're going to get different stuff from each of us.

If you look back at my reviews you'll see that I've done mainstream artists like Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, and Bruce Springsteen, a lot of indie stuff, but also lesser known bands that I feel deserve more exposure, like Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band. My reviews have dipped into many different genres and styles, and that's just me. There are three other guys writing reviews here.

I've also featured albums by "humor" bands like The Dead Milkmen and The Aquabats. The fact is that a lot of "humor" music just plain sucks, or gets old after the first few listens. And comically horrible? The reason I don't review stuff like that is that I haven't heard enough of it. If an artist out there makes my ears and brain bleed (say, Kid Rock for example), then I'm not going to waste my time listening to their albums. I've never heard one of Kid Rock's albums, therefore I couldn't review it. The closest I'm going to come to that is when an artist I like puts out something that is disappointingly craptastic.