View Single Post
Ba dum dum dum dum
Alcibiades is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:18 AM       
I won't post any spoilers, but for anyone who 'beat' the game (completed the main story), they should be aware that the final confrontation was awful, and the ending wasn't all that much better.

My main gripe with the game is that a lot of it just fealt superflous. You could get new weapons but once you had a really good one (which you can probably get about halfway through the game), you don't really need them. You can buy multiple spells but once you have at least one bought at the highest level you're set. You can make money via property/work but the only reason to really make money is to buy more property. At the end of the game I had an obnoxiously deep pocket of potions I never really used so even though you can't die I was even in less danger of ever dieing.

You can chase your dog around to dig stuff up but once you realize a lot of the time you're digging up condoms or engagement rings (which you shouldn't need more than a couple of), that becomes boring. You can get married but since it only takes a few farts to charm someone into being your bride that's hardly interesting. You can have a kid but they don't do much, you can have a big sex party but you don't get anything for it.

The game has a lot of means but no ends, it's like a lot of tools but no real goals to shoot for.