View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HNICPantitude
Get your fucking retarded ass back in General Blabber moron. We provide the foundation. Now they are like every other country on this fucking planet and want MORE.
Even if this were true, which it isn't, it still doesn't support your ASSumption that "WE" are the sole facilitators of democracy around the world. The fact of the matter is that Great Britain has played a MUCH more key, hands on role in the restoration of Afghanistan.

Quote:
It is not the United States' responsibility to hold their hand while they get a grip on their own society. What we did do is oust the Taliban control, which was the force holding them down. Nor was it our responsibility to be over there in the first place. It is however our responsibility to provide national security and a safe home for generations ahead.
Fine, but this isn't the same thing as being the puritan crusaders that you have made us out to be. I'm glad you pulled your head out of you ass long enough to admit that EVEN the saintly U.S. acts out of its own self-interest on an international scale.

Quote:
The regime formerly in control of Afghanistan harbored terrorists, period. Granted, terrorists exist in every country, but not every countries controlling pseudeo-government funds them.
What about Qatar and Saudi Arabia? Don't even start this, it's off topic, and you're a moron.

Quote:
By planting the seeds of democracy in Afghanastan and iraq, which were both under extremely unstable dictatorships, we place pressure on other key countries in the Middle East, which is, in the end, the primary reason for our involvement.
1. What did we do to instill "democracy" in Afghanistan?
2. How democratic and free will the Kurds be if we bow to Turkey?
3. If you think are main reason for invading Iraq right now is to instill democracy, than please, find me a trained chimp to hold a conversation with. It'll go better.

Quote:
The problem countries in the region are not, nor have they ever been Iraq, or Afghanistan, outside of the money and resources they provide in a pathetic "holy" war. The countries, again... are not even theocracies (so people that claim this is an anti-muslim war... think again).
Barely coherent, not the point, la-ditty-frickin-da. The argument was whether or not the U.S. Military is an army of white knights, why, and is any other military/government similar? England and Canada have already answered "yes" to that question. Your comic book perspective of the world is incorrect.

Quote:
The theocracies in the Middle East are Saudi Arabia, and more importantly, Iran. These countries will collapse in upon themselves, as we, in your thoughts, so unjustly force a changed regime in Iraq.
Again, maybe I agree or disagree with this statement, not the point, lay off the drugs.

Even NOW, after the Gulf War, and DESPITE Hussein being a son of a bitch, Iraq HAS been, and CONTINUES to be rated as one of the most progressive Arab states.

Before 1991, women attended college, they had more rights than in many other overly-Islamic states, Iraq had a water/sewage system that made even Europe envious. If our main goal in the Middle East was to bring freedom and civility, we maybe should've focused on some of our "allies," such Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, and even Kuwait.

Quote:
Read this... your spoiled American ass might learn something...
Wah, wah, wah, Pantitudde thought the world was the never ending fight against Cobra and got upset when his dreams were crushed.

I am proud of America. I'm glad to live in America. But that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and be a mindless droid such as yourself.

THE ARTICLE:

Great piece on why America should be Rome....

Quote:
Was this the end of the Western world? Quite the opposite. What seemed at the moment a knockout punch to Europe ended up causing great change. It literally forced the discovery of a new world.
Quote:
If liberated from their intellectual and physical imprisonment, the Iraqi people may well take full advantage of their new-found freedom. Iraq has the potential to become the center of a Renaissance for the Middle East.
Do you know anything about Baghdad? Have you ever talked to anybody who has been there? Ever spoken to an Iraqi?? Do you REALLY think that Baghdad is culturally polarized from the rest of the world?? You're a dolt.

Baghdad has a blossoming art society, films, people in Iraq read the NY Times and watch CNN. Your article only proves that you are a xenophobic fool who would rather take a guy from Portland's opinion on Iraq over an actual Iraqi, or at least someone who has spent time there.

Quote:
new regime focused on human rights and freedom, and with the financial security of 100 billion barrels of oil beneath their desert, a new Iraq can lead the Islamic world into an age of cultural and intellectual renewal. From repression can emerge an age of ingenuity and invention worthy of a country that was once the cradle of civilization.
Funny, as I already mentioned, Iraq was closer to this in 1990 than they are now, or will be after this war....

Why have we opened up markets with an oppressive nation like China? Has it been for reasons similar to this? Do you think SANCTIONS for a decade help create an "Islamic renaissance"??? I'm interested in your thoughts on these matters, Panty waiste.

Quote:
ion creates anger. Anger with little hope of change creates radicalism. Radicalism can destroy civilizations. The liberation of Iraq could break this dangerous cycle. Like the movement of Constantinople’s intellectuals coming into Italy in 1453, a liberated Iraq’s influence on the people throughout the region could be tremendous.
Somewhere, Thomas Friedman is crying.

I wonder what Khabul's art houses are like these days.....

The rest was sanctimonious bullshit. Thanks for wasting my time, jackass.