TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
A story about nothing.....
(Yawn)

Quote:
I started this thread because it occurred to me as I was driving through my hometown that most individuals who protest one way or another probably have no clue as to the ramifications of what they may be protesting for or against.
How do you know this? If I remember correctly from your original post all you did was walk by them with your nose in the air like some pseudo-intellectual..... Then after assuming something that you had no proof about you scoffed at them for taking part in the political process. For shame Colonel...for shame.

Quote:
I am intrigued but not surprised that it has evolved into a discussion of the pros and cons of the present solution to the current healthcare crisis, now known disparagingly as Obamacare
As stated in my previous posts....AND....repeated by dissident Democratic senators and congressmen, this "Bill" is nothing more then a bailout for the bankrupt insurance and pharmaceutical companies. If you read the bill....which you didn't.....making this a rather hypocritical topic to post...you would have realized that all of the money gets funneled directly into the bank accounts of numerous designated winners who have connections in the white house and congress.

Quote:
Personally, I only am convinced that the most dangerous path is to do nothing. A bad solution can be fixed, but it at least moves us off the status quo. Witness the decision of the previous administration on stem cells .
The content of your opinion doesn't surprise me in the least. What it says is that you would rather go along with something bad then actually have something good. Which doesn't make too much sense here in the land of the conscious observer.

What we don't have is a single payer option to compete with private for profit unregulated insurance companies.

What we got....not by our choosing I may add....is a bill cobbled together by the private sector to rip off the common man. This health care system is now a state sponsored cartel to gut the American people and deny them care. Hence why true Democrats fought against it.

This is the Antithesis of FDR and Johnson's Great society. Another sad day in the land of the blind.