View Single Post

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 04:11 PM        So what's the deal with elves and shit?
Dwarfs, I understand. But I don't get what people like about Elves. When I ventured onto the internet the first time, I was surprised at how many people seem to genuinely think elves are cool. Everybody in role playing games wants to be an elf, those suckers now even got an underground version called drow that are taking over the role of Dwarfs. WTF!

Dwarfs are cool. They work in dark mountains, the chop stones, they get pissed drunk, have long beards and they're not pussies. A dwarf gets his head bitten off, he'll say (don't question the logic of this, it's fantasy) "it'll grow back". Stuff like that. Dwarves, as far as figment of somebodies imagination go, are pretty cool.

But elves? They're wusses! They sit in trees, and sing songs. What the hell? I don't like them. I do not understand the attraction. I'm not trying to elicit some kind of response here, or exagerating or anything. I quite literally do not understand what the attraction is.

Who here likes elves, and why? I told you what I like about dwarves. Now you show me yours.