Thread: Board games
View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
My GF just picked up Forbidden Island (speaking of co op games) which is supposedly like a Pandemic or Defenders of the Realm. We haven't tried it yet though
Finally played it, it is fast paced and pretty difficult to win as far as co op games go. You pick a role from a list of a team of treasure hunters and of course they all have different useful skills (some more useful than others obviously). You have to recover 4 treasures from the island as it sinks. If too much island sinks, you can't get to the rendezvous point and everyone loses. The island sinks really fast. We played on the beginner difficulty and it was tough, I can't imagine playing on expert where the island is sinking at twice the rate.

The next 4 days will be the Buckeye Game Fest. I won't have a ton of pictures of this, because it is mostly just playing games that are out or have been out for awhile. It is in essence an extended CABS meeting. But if I play anything I think is really cool I will post a pic of it here.