View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM       
Could be. As I've had all the clinical radiation I can ever have, the thought of stuff like that gives me the oogies.

The documentary made the German nuclear physicists look a little dim. The overall claim was that there was a scramble to apprehend the Nazi scientists and they more or less ended up in the US or with the Soviets, meaning both countries more or less owe everything we know about jet propulsion and aerospace science to them.

But the captured Nazi nuclear physicists were a wash. No one talked, so they put them in a bugged manor house in Britain. The radio broadcast of Hiroshima just happened to be within their earshot, and they began discussing excitedly in German how the Americans might have managed it. From listening in to what they said, their captors deduced that they didn't know nearly as much as previously thought, and most were turned loose. One went on to a brilliant career with NASA.