View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM        Strength training VS Cardio for fat loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I get what Dimnos is saying

What if he just wants to lose weight and doesn't really want to end up building absurd amounts of muscle? What's the best shit to do, then?

My ideal figure is somewhere between a holocaust survivor and Iggy Pop, so I'm looking for a weightloss plan along those lines, too.
You only gain muscle from exercising if you feed yourself protein shortly before and/or after the workouts. If you fast for 30 minutes prior and 2 hours after lifting weights, your muscles will cannibalize themselves - moreso if you're already low on fat. A less stupid way of not becoming xbawks hueg is not to increase the weight you're lifting each session. Lift until you reach your ideal amount of muscle and then just keep lifting the same weight for the same reps - you won't get any bigger doing that.

Weightlifting is the most effective form of exercise for weight loss, but you should combine it with cardio if you intend to actually be 'fit' in any capacity. Diet is again the biggest part. Come to think of it, if you just want to lose fat and not gain any muscle whatsoever (in fact, you'll lose some), just diet hard on a protein-sparing modified fast like Lyle's program and don't do a fucking thing in terms of exercise.

If you're also aiming to be a delicious trap, supplement that awful idea with Soy milk, because it's full of phyto-estrogen.