View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
OK, apparently, we have very ideas of what "cardio" is.
i don't think you read my post

Quote:
i was not referring to like 80s jazzercise. cardio is the best, it's the fast-paced stuff that gets you moving. boxing, dancing, skating, swimming, running, whatever. you can do hardcore or light, you will get results either way.
Just much more slowly than you would if you were lifting instead of doing cardio or doing it in tandem with cardio.

Quote:
it's not rocket science, anyone can understand why cardio is a more reasonable choice for someone just looking to slim down. strengthening will totally change your physique, it'll take the fat and make it work in a different way for you
Um, fat loss is fat loss. Lifting weights will make your muscles bigger faster than cardio, but that is BECAUSE IT IS MORE EFFECTIVE aAISRISUARERJFEAIOSFAGH

Quote:
-- whereas cardio will just take your shape and make it smaller, it'll eliminate the fat and then after a while, begin to tighten your body. (tighten=tone to me)
"tighten" just means your skin is closer to your muscle. If you're reducing fat while minorly increasing muscle (cardio), this will happen more slowly than if you're reducing fat quickly while majorly increasing muscle (weightlighting). Or at your discretion, you can just lift weights with higher reps and not increase the poundage - doing it this way, you'll increase muscle at about the same rate as cardio (if not slower, since you are limited by rational boundaries) and it'll still be a better use of your time.

Quote:
and yeah cardio is way more fun imo
yeah i can't think of any better way to spend 60 minutes than staring at a TV or wall while I repeat the same motion

fyi i play videogames while i use my recumbent bike on my cardio days so it's not really that bad, but point is -

cardio is inferior to lifting weights unless you're an olympic swimmer (and therefore need your bodyweight to be retarded low). chicks all seem to have this retarded phobia of becoming the next chyna if they touch a barbell, when their bodies are physically not able to do that without going nuts with injections like they're playing Bioshock.