View Single Post
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:43 AM       
puppetgeneral39:

The reason religious types fear science so much is due to fear of it unraveling their religion, and rightly so! If you apply science to any of the "facts" in ANY holy book it becomes apparent that it's all lies. Not just picking on the christians btw... this applies to all religions. Could something happen to your "soul" when you die? Sure! There's no way of disproving that. Is what happens something that's printed in a holy book? Unlikely, and even if it was it would be a concidence seeing as they are all made up. Religion = social engineering in primative times.

So you really need to pick a side, no offense, because if you look at religion scientifically absolutely none of it holds up.

So to answer your question in a shorter fashion, creationists believe as they do because science and religion can NOT co-exist. I mean not unless you are really willing to look the other way.

I'm not trying to stir things up btw, I'm just telling it like it is. You are welcome to believe anything you want, but someones beliefs will never get in the way of the factual universe and how things actually are.