View Single Post
zerothree is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 11:48 PM       
:sigh: I really don't want to buy a Vita. I bought a PSP at launch and didn't really play it much in the 3-ish years I had it, outside of the Megaman remakes. I eventually sold it and like an idiot bought another one when the announced the Ys games were coming out here. Sill, I don't play it that often.

Today at work I was able to try out a Vita and I have mixed feelings on it. I love the screen on it, it really is beautiful. I like the feel of it too, it's a bit larger than the PSP and I could see comfort in long play sessions not being much of an issue. I also like the idea of non-disk based games. The PSP had some really crappy load times in some games and I was always worried about games skipping. However, the few demos I tried out on the Vita had some pretty long load times as well. The analogue sticks feel crappy, they were very loose and didn't have much give to them... I don't really know how to word that better. To me it feels like you move it at all and you're already pressing it as far as it goes. (if that makes any sense)

Also, outside of two games (that are both already on PS3) I don't see anything really worthwhile to pick up at launch. I did check out a confirmed game release list though, and here's where I started the sighing.

There's a motherfucking Ys 4 remake coming out for it. I love Falcom games and I'm really happy to see their games come out in the states, but goddamn it. I really really don't want to drop $250+ for one game. Hopefully when it does come out over here the price of Vita will have dropped.