View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 09:55 AM       
I don't think you're wrong, and I think complexity is exactly what kept the Iran/Contra scandal from taking on the proportions it should have. I think combined with Americas dawning realization that this emperor never had any clothes it has the potential to swell to watergate size.

Personally, I don't really think it wil, because of Fitzgeralds prosecuturial style which is to go for very speciffic crimes he thinks he can prove and ignore anyon'es further speculation. That leaves two unknowns. How mad is the press at Bush and at themselves for being such lazy sheep, and will the Dems win back a house at the midterms.

I think the Plame case could be the bent corner that could be peeled back ala Watergate, an entry point to the larger picture. But without the press or the ability to wage an investigation we could limp along for quite some time.

There's another interesting but potentially frightening scenario. Republican rebellion. As of today W's poll #'s are the lowest since his dad lost. If they go lower and some of the rats start believing the sinking ship is unsalvagable...