View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 05:44 PM       
I have honestly never tried to indoctrinate any of my family. I rarely talk politics with them at all. I think they pretty much know where I stand... maybe they even assume I'm some sort of Republican. If asked I'll answer, but I leave my evangelization to message boards.

White Houses are ALWAYS taking heat for something. Yes, I'm sure there's a correlation between the message the media is sending and W's poll numbers, but I am also on record as saying that I believe the American public has figured out polls and use them to communicate more than just participate. We can't just say that because his approval rating is down that most American's believe he's doing a bad job anymore. We have to ask, "What do they want to see here? What are they trying to say with these responses?"

I really don't want to get into a tangental discussion about opinion polling. I think this way, and that factors into my own opinion making process in regard to how I weight polling data. Please don't feel that I'm trying to change your opinions on the subject. Please also don't think, though, that I'm wetting my pants over W's numbers right now. It's all just part of the game.

Everything that's happening right now is stuff that was anticipated. When the whole Wilson/Plame thing opened up, Karl Rove did not sit back in his chair and say, "Well, we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it, fellas." A strategy was developed then, and all this is part of it. Yes, Rove is an SOB, and this is why. Libby's taking one for the team, though there's more to it than just self-sacrifice I'm sure.

One thing's for sure, it's uncommon for an actual head to roll in this White House, so it's notable. Expect something big to happen. Watch for the trial... that'll be it.

Rove's patterns are obvious at this point. He fakes left and passes right.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!