View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 09:38 AM       
In all honesty, I don't really think that poorly of Christianity. That may come as a surprise to you, looking at many pf my posts in this forum, but it's true. I have great respect for the many good Christians out there. My big beef with it (or any religion, for that matter) is when it mixes with politics.

To get this out in the open, here is my real view on Christianity:

Christianity is a religion that has the wrong people in the limelight advocating it. My post in the other thread about most Christians liking Pat Robertson was to make a point. Not that most Christians are retarded, but exactly the opposite. They aren't retarded, and they still like the guy. Mostly because he says he is Christian and he is famous. That doesn't make him any less of a capitalizing bigot, but he would be that even without the Cristianity aspect.

Christians in general are good people. Sure, they have their prejudices, but everyone (including me) does. As I said, it isn't so much Christianity, or even most Christians, but rather the people that use Christianity for monetary or political gain (see: Robertson and W).

So I hope that clears things up for you, IS. I realize that I generalize a lot on these forums, but that is only because I have a bad habit of assuming people understand what I mean about things. Now that I have explained myself a bit better, maybe my future posts will be more forgivable.