View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 04:29 PM       
in Max Payne 1 I just shootdive'd everywhere and did fine; I actually never used the "just bullet-time" thing because it made the game go way too fucking slow.

Max Payne 2's shootdiving is worthless, though, so I mapped bullet time to my middle click and would run into rooms in slow-motion, pump lead into everyone unfortunate enough to be standing around, execute BALLET TWIRLS as I reloaded my gun, and then go back into normal time as ragdolls rained gaily onto the floor around me. Good fun!

Both Max Payne games more or less have a difficulty curve that shoots directly upward for final collection of chapters. I don't know how many fucking times I had to re-do the end segment when the mansion was burning, or the shitty part where you play as Mona in the construction site.

It was a pretty good game, though, worth the 3 dollars I spent on it. I didn't think it was TOO HARD WAAH; I'm perfectly fine with games like Megaman 9 wherin you are constantly assaulted by barbed-wire baseball bats the entire time, and have enjoyed such experiences, I just hate it when moderately difficult games get insanely bullshit difficult right at the end. Especially good ones, since it ends up leaving a bad taste in my mouth and makes me feel like a trusted friend has betrayed me and kicked me in the bollocks. See also: Sands of Time