View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 12:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
What's gonna be the next demand made of the Bush administration every day, all day long to the point that my ears bleed from hearing about it? What will be the next big outrage foisted on us by Shrub and his gang of pirates? I'm sure something big is right around the corner, and I'm equally sure THIS is gonna be THE thing to bring down the Evil House of Dubya... at least the one that will actually live up to the hype, unlike the hundreds of other things that were supposed to be THE thing to do just that.

I believe that was from 11/29/5. The topic was Max's thread about Bush's then upcoming timetable speech that wasn't.

If the NYTimes sat on this story for a year, how am I supposed to accept that it's front page placement had nothing to do with the actual news of the day: the Iraqi elections?

Pardon me if I scoot back a little more towards the middle of my seat.

So, this'll last about a week. The Republicans quickly countered with calls for Plame-like leak investigations... which is just more political posturing, but that which will effectively silence the Dems that might have pushed this further.

So... what's next then? While this was brought out to counter good news from Iraq that might have helped Dubya's numbers, it's a defensive measure at best. What's gonna be the next big fiasco utilized to rip the heart out of the GOP?

Care to guess?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!