View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 01:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
I believe that was from 11/29/5. The topic was Max's thread about Bush's then upcoming timetable speech that wasn't.
And it's pretty silly to think that's it's only Dems. who are upset about this, or that they're the only ones making a stink about it.

Quote:
So, this'll last about a week. The Republicans quickly countered with calls for Plame-like leak investigations... which is just more political posturing, but that which will effectively silence the Dems that might have pushed this further.
I'm a little bit surprised that this practice doesn't bother you just a little bit. Considering this is coming from the guy who said he'd rather see El Paso get nuked than give up some personal freedoms.

I don't think the investigation cries will hold up. It's his best defense I suppose, and it's right out of politics 101. I know an angel loses his wings every time this is said now, but this new response is certainly the work of karl Rove. It's smart message politics, which is what he does.

Quote:
So... what's next then? While this was brought out to counter good news from Iraq that might have helped Dubya's numbers, it's a defensive measure at best. What's gonna be the next big fiasco utilized to rip the heart out of the GOP?

Care to guess?
A more important question is who cares? Do I have any kind of investment in The Republican Party, or either of these parties for that matter? I can honestly say that if any of these people are up to no good, well then I want it exposed.

I think it's irrational to rally around the team jersey on issues like this. You can sound like a conspiracy theorist all you want, and assume that all of these things MUST be manufactured by the liberal media, and the Dems., and George Soros, and somehow, Barbara Streisand. Or you could take a look at an administration that constantly finds itself in the cross hairs of people on both sides of the aisle, for various reasons, and maybe stop and ask whether or not there's some merit to these complaints.

The Dems. are the minority party in Congress. If investigations come about over this NSA stuff, it'll be Republicans who ultimately be the deciding catalyst behind that.