View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 12:18 AM       
Apparently there's some sort of Giant Fibreglass Animal factory in Wisconsin (heard-of, not seen personally). Wisconsin has no end of these things.

- There is a giant octopus on top of a car wash in Madison, with a sponge in one tentacle, a bucket in another, and so on.

- There is a giant kelly-green brontosaurus at the Sinclair gas station in Wisconsin Dells.

- There's a pizza place that has giant fibreglass moose splayed out on top of each of their delivery vehicles in Wisconsin Dells:

In Wisconsin Dells in general, there's no end to the pink elephants and stuff coming out of pools. Most date back to the Sixties. One motel had a strange "candyland" theme, with large fake lollipops and so forth.

In Waterloo, WI, next to a cheese shop, there was a giant mouse with a giant wedge of cheese. A plaque at the bottom said "HI, MY NAME IS JIMBO." Jimbo wasn't there the last time I looked

In Johnson Creek, there's a giant cock. And cow, and pig.

A frozen custard place I used to live near had a partial spoon with a maraschino cherry in the bowl. The spoon was cut off at the base as if it was digging into the floor. I was fascinated with the way it balanced, as a kid.