View Single Post
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 12:26 PM       
Seriously, how can you be an 'anarcho-capitalist?' Those two views are fundamentally opposed.

I'm imagining someone trying to build their wealth in the absence of a state, and therefore, in the absence of money with definite value. What the hell do you measure your wealth in? Cows? Gold? Okay, maybe gold works. But where do you get the gold? Unless your country's already rich in it, you have to trade with other states, and I don't think other states are willing to trade much of their gold to you for your cows. And you can't trade it within your country, because, well, they have no reason not to demand outrageous prices of you, and since there are no state-mandated laws, he probably won't be punished for chopping your fucking head off and just TAKING what you have.

And when someone suddenly gets a hold of all of the wealth, he becomes a ruler, and can command people to work under him for pay, which just evolves into the feudal system all over again. I can't see any way how this philosophy could work.