View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:31 PM        Al Quaeda threatens assasination, cynicism red alert issued
Al-Qaeda planning major assassination to disrupt US vote

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Al-Qaeda is reportedly planning a high-level assassination against a US or foreign leader to disrupt the US presidential election, that will be set in motion by a new tape from its leader Osama bin Laden.

Quoting from unnamed US intelligence officials, The Washington Times said besides the United States, two possible places where the assassination would take place are Saudi Arabia and Yemen.

The assassination would signal the launch of more terrorist attacks involving "multiple targets in multiple venues" across the United States, the officials said.

They said the "very detailed" plans were found on a laptop computer of suspected Al-Qaeda computer expert Naeem Noor Khan, arrested in Pakistan last month.

"The goal of the next attack is twofold: to damage the US economy and to undermine the US election," an intelligence official said, referring to the November 2 presidential election pitting Republican President George W. Bush and Democrat John Kerry.

"The view of Al-Qaeda is 'anybody but Bush,'" said the official.

The officials said the likely trigger for Al-Qaeda's new terrorist campaign would be a new video and audio message from bin Laden, which they expected to surface soon.

"The message likely will be the signal for the attack to be launched," one official said.

Now you know why the Bush administration leaked Kahns name, fucking up British and pakastani intelligence ops.

So THIS little tidbit would have more credability.

"The view of Al-Qaeda is 'anybody but Bush,'" said the official.

Huh. Seriously? Al Quaeda's stated goals aren't so much a worldwide Jihad against the great Satan, their just really into politics? So, if you're planning on voting for anybody but Bush, you and the terrorists have the same goals? Golly! It said that on Kahn's laptop? That would mean voting for anybody but W would be pretty unpatriotic. Wow. I guess they already have affected the elections, then.

I think the only thing to do, now that we know, is cancel the elections. I mean, if we know Al Quaeda wants
'anybody but Bush,' shouldn't we just keep him as president and skip the democratic process? I mean, what kind of American would vote for 'anybody but Bush' now we know that's Al Quaeda's goal?

Sweet Jesus. Even if every word of that report is true, an official statement from the administration that
"The view of Al-Qaeda is 'anybody but Bush,' " is as cynical a political ploy as I've seen in my lifetime. Do these people have at last no shame at all?