View Single Post
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 03:28 PM       
"Ronnie is a victim of deductive reasoning. He doesn't yet realize that matters of taste cannot be debated inpartially since conclusions made in regards to such are inherently subjective in nature and thus not open to objective analysis or debate" - RoR

WoW! Look at this!!!!

"Edit: Oh, and the Clash were a band of contradictory self righteous twits who brought absolutely fuck-all to the 'punk genre.' Now, Iggy or the Velvet Underground on the other hand. . ." - RoR

RoR, it look like you've brought "fuck all" to this conversation.

Thanks for nothing.

--------------------------

My point was this....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/enter...5521-1823r.htm

If you read this article you'll see that Johnny Ramone told Eddie Vedder that he was alienating people by expousing political beliefs while performing. He's like Bono or Chris Martin on a smaller scale. I don't like musicians who try to be politicians or think they have all the answers.....the same goes for hollywood.

Even though I agree with him politically, I think when you are accepting an award for something you've achieved musically, you shouldn't use it as a platfrom to talk about something that has nothing to do music......in other words, don't use it as a platform to divide people. Music and art in general is supposed to be something that brings people together.