View Single Post
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 06:16 PM       
If you took a criminal who had been able to secure a management position with a corporation, stripped him to nothing but his clothes, and put him on the street, I bet he'd be willing and able to get back on his feet sooner or later. He would save enough money through begging to buy decent clothes, find a job that didn't require a permanent residence (I can name several), and work his way up from there. Unlike the bums who either stick to free aid and don't try to support themselves or who go to job interviews looking shabby and with a poor attitude and then complain about their situation. Yes, criminals are criminals, but these ones are also able to be responsible citizens, and if they can be convinced to play by the rules, they should be able to receive due punishment and start fresh.

I currently only work on campus; with any luck, I've got three years before my paycheck has anything to do with the current economy. And your last sentence didn't make sense....I may be called upon to remember who I disparaged? or how? I somehow doubt that I'll be homeless or make friends with homeless people once I graduate.