Thread: Modern Art
View Single Post
Ushnor is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 04:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Ushnor, I don't believe that you deserve the sarcastic response that people are going to flood you with. Chojin is just a softy for the new kids.

I'm just going to get petty and mention that there are numerous times that you spell stuff wrong. This isn't a big deal if you're just typing too fast and don't read your posts twice, but you it's very apparent that you just sat there trying to sound the words out.
Valid opinion points: -10
It was 3 am

Quote:
Moving on, you haven't given any logical and well reasoned explanation on why any of the pieces you posted aren't artistically sound. Your attacks just seem to rake around a 3 year old being able to paint a Van Gogh. You're ranting your head off about people spending too much money paintings that they
like, but you really don't explaing why they shouldn't like it.
Valid opinion points: -30
"artistically sound". That means nothing, because the people who decide what is "artistically sound" are the same assholes who buy the stuff.

Quote:
"Hey guys Starry Night really sucks, people only like it because it's a Van Gogh.."
Valid opinion points: -20
It does suck, and people do only like it because Van Gogh made it. If nobody told you that it was Van Gogh, or if they like it, you would hate it.

Quote:
If you want to tell us that an expressionist piece made in the late 19th century is "Modern Art", then let's just stick Renaissance art with it. You make it abundantly clear that you don't know anything about art. at all.
Valid opinion points: -20
Just because I am not a master of art eras doesn't mean I don't know about art. Art isn't about seeing what other people tell you to see. It's about... well it's complicated and I don't want to get into it. The fact is, the people who think only people who study art can decide what they think is art are the pseudo intellects.
Anyway, I saw that on the modern art website and assumed it was modern art.

Quote:
You constantly refer to "real art" but fail to explain to us what it is, which is one of the most difficult questions to ask in the world.
Valid opinion points: -30
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/vinci/joconde/joconde.jpg[img]
Wow, it takes skill, you can tell what it is, and it's beautiful. Looks like real art...

Quote:
Your entire post is regurgitated vomit that everyone has heard a million times. I don't see a shred of originality in your ideas.
Valid opinoin points: -20
And my originality has to do with the validity of my opinion how...?