View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Starscream is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:42 PM       
Thanks for the huge amount of pictures and work that went into this guys, appreciate it.

Want to add a few things though, if its ok?

Your not really saying it is at all but its worth noting that Operation Raccoon City isn't a sequel to Resident Evil, its more of a alternate reality Left 4 Dead-ish (like you mentioned) side thing. And the only reason I'm saying its alternate reality is because of the prospect of doing certain things that will make other things in the RE Universe never happen (But I won't spoil the event for anyone who may not know). The real RE4-ish, horror, experience is going to come from the 3DS RE title Revelations, which is looking like its going to be sort of going back to the series darker roots.

As for Silent Hill, theres a lot riding on this game resonating with fans. Konami knows people didn't groove on Homecoming and really seem to want to change that. So thats probably the reason why the game was shown in such a shoddy alpha state as it was, companies usually tend to do something like this when they have to prove something and want to show it. Whether or not they polish all that out, or even make a truly likable game out of what they have, is something we really don't know till its closer to release.

I don't believe Capcom's ever had anything to do with Dead Island and I can't find anything off hand that says they ever did. That said, Square-Enix will be publishing this one for Deep Silver.

Given all the stupid crap the Hulk's been (or put himself) through in recent years I'm not surprised he didn't look so cheery.

Duke Nukem Forever came out today in the US (and last Friday elsewhere), so that's probably why it had such a huge line at last weeks show. People were chewing a the bit to play it.

Overall though I was really unimpressed with E3 all together this year. There were some small things here and there that I'm looking forward to but if the show never existed I'd be just as interested if I read them on some website somewhere.