View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM       
If he WAS, then he wouldn't be as memorable. He was just this gigantic fuckwad, armed with the inability to write and an ego the size of a small planet.

He loved to barge into the publishing lab outside of school hours and complain bitterly about how his perceived "rival" got a regular column while none of his editorials ever got printed. The first four or five times, I dodged the subject and inferred that the column was established in the paper and people looked forward to seeing it (lie); further, we didn't have the god damn room for multiple page, single spaced editorials. Eventually I began politely telling him that he was terrible.

None of my comments ever really had any effect, since he had an almost mystical ability to go through every conversation he engaged in without hearing ANYTHING that anyone else said. That sounds like an exaggeration, but talking to him was literally like listening to someone else's internal monologue. It was actually really fucking bizarre.