View Single Post
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
You seem to want to wrap this all up in "It's all just propaganda," yet your objection to the war stems from the fact that innocent people are dying.
Incorrect. Innocent people die every day. They die when terrorist organizations are allowed to fester and grow in their ideal environments.

My objection stems not from this temporary acceleration of innocent casualties, but rather from a strong concern that this death and destruction alone will not solve the problem. There are underlying problems here that if ignored will simply result in reentrenchment of Hezbollah or a similar organization when southern Lebanon is rebuilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
You say you never implied anything, yet you post two articles that make that point
the point being:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
Also, at one point in the article, the guy asks why we should believe Israeli pics over those presented from Hezbollah, or Lebanese sources.
Now I've reread those articles I posted twice, and I don't see where Kevin's getting this "point" from, so I probably should have just ignored it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd
Was that a slip?

They're not supposed to represent any sides of a conflict.
No it was a response to a rhetorical question Kevin fabricated out of his bizzare interpretation of the articles I posted, which I assumed was actually a question from some article to which he posted a link.

Reuters is supposed to be impartial, but a freelance photographer can can be Lebanese, Israeli, private citizen, or government worker, and the viewer will not be presented with this information, even though it might be very relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCD
Finally, the photographer in question admits to using photoshop to edit the image. How can you even defend that?
The photographer only admitted, as far as I know, to retouching dust and scratched out of the image. If you knew anything about the industry, you would know that artifacts are introduced to an image from dust on the lenses, on the film, or on the scanner, and there is NOTHING unethical about cleaning this up in post-production. The difference between what we call "dustbusting" and "retouching" is very significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBCD
Yet Ziggy's not impressed. He thinks your typical Israeli and your typical Hezbollah supporter are on an equal level.
back that assertion up with some quotes or shut the fuck up. i'm getting a little sick of you fucks redefining my arguments every time i post here.

i'm NOT anti-israel. i'm NOT pro-terrorist. i'm NOT pro-reuters.

you fucks can't get it through your thick heads that I have complaints against all the players in this bullshit. but my biggest complaint lies with the stupid shits on the internet who think they know the truth as though God Himself handed it to them on stone tablets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc
get a fucking blog, do your own investigation, and prove it
lol

surely the combined wisdom of the blogosphere has discerned the full truth, if only i had time to read it all, i could be as smart as kevin and abc.

but enough of this. you are the good guys here, and good guys are immune to criticism. even when they're wrong, they're still not as wrong as the bad guys. it's about PERSPECTIVE.

so fuck it. i've already wasted way too much time attempting (and clearly failing) to communicate with you.

so you win. i'm done. peace.