View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:13 AM       
holy shit i got the analog stick on my g13 to work with TF2 with actual analog motion

by default, some retard at valve has the stick set to move forward/backward and turn, like you're playing sonic adventure or something. you have to open up the tf2/cfg/config.cfg file and change the following values:

joy_advanced "1"
joy_advaxisx "3"
joy_advaxisy "1"

i could not find a guide ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET that would reveal how to do that to me, so i spent about an hour fucking around with the config file's values until i found the magical combo to make it work. advanced 1 lets you change the axes, axisx 3 makes left and right strafe, axisy 1 makes up and down move forward and back like usual. if you already have TF2 booted, you have to type "exec config.cfg" into the console to make it work. hopefully this page will show up on google searches about this because fuck that was irritating to figure out. valve you are usually pretty bright about this shit, why the momentary lapse of retardation? btw i really recommend the g13 and it's a relatively inexpensive piece of equipment.

now i can do hilarious things like creep VERY SLOWLY as the scout. it looks especially funny in the surrender animation.