Thread: Board games
View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 04:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Does it have Pratchett humor in it?

The After Turkey Day 48 hour game fest is coming up. My favorite place to buy games online (RC hobbies, google it, I am no spambot) will be there and are bringing 3 games I just ordered there so I don't have to pay shipping. Kingsburg, the new Thunderstone expansion and Elder Sign will soon be mine.
Hm, not really, I mean every Pratchett-fan will get a chuckle out of Deathīs Card which is not called "Death" but "HELLO!" but most of the charme is transported through the artworks. The game mechanics themselves donīt leave much room for any kind of humor since this is a eurogame at heart and the cards donīt have any flavortext on them, Death for example only has the ability to kill off two thugs and place another one of your own thugs.

Itīs a good game but it doesnīt do the source material any justice.

I bought Summoner Wars on a whim and boy was I suprised how good the system is.
For those who donīt know, Summoner Wars is a tactical, grid-based card game, a little chesslike but not as dull (I hate chess). Each of the...what, 14 factions plays differently and each trooptype has itīs own special ability. Orcish Warriors can get a second move if you roll lucky, Goblins can attack out of turn, Elvish Archers can shoot farther, things like that.

I donīt want to go into too much detail right now but if you like tactical asynchronous battlegames, try it out, itīs really really good.