View Single Post
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:47 PM       
Closest thing to grunge, I would say, is Deftones. The other bands that wore the "nu grunge" jacket patch were just raincoat flashers. Their only hits were the aural equivalent of them approaching you, and then before you can object, you see their genitals (also known as "the whole album".

Of course, the bands that closely followed after Grunge's mud-stained coatails were what I thought Grunge was- commercialized punk-metal slowed to a dirge. When I heard the original Grunge bands I wasn't all that impressed, and I grew up in Seattle, so any of their shows were just a bus ride away.

Alternative radio was pretty awesome around 1996-'98, though.

Favorites:

Sister Hazel
Alanis Morrissette
Collective Soul
Space Hog
Candlebox
Soul Asylum
The Offspring
Cracker
Foo Fighters
Filter

If anyone wants more recommendations, I am steeped in 90's music knowledge. Pretty much everything on 107.7 THE END was great.