Thread: Abortion
View Single Post

Raven is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:42 PM       
I'm scientific. I don't base my beliefs off of religion.

"I believe that abortion is not a problem, up to a point. I think that after the first three months, it should be against the law, but before that point, anything goes. Before three months, the fetus has no human traits, and there is no proof that it can feel anything, so how is that human?"

Are you basing that off religion or science?

"And what about pregnancies that are a result from rape? Why would it be wrong for someone to abort the baby for that reason? That could ruin the girl's life if she had to go through with it, and that wouldn't be fair to anyone. Sure, it isn't the baby's fault that she got pregnant, but it isn't her's, either."

This only requires abortions in the first three months to be legal. And does not require them to be open to public use. Only to those who fall within the realm of exception. Which is a rather small percentage I might add.

"Another thing that disturbs me is this. I heard that a while ago in Catholic hospitals, if there were complications during the pregnancy, they would still refuse to abort, even if it meant the girl would die, because, well, "she had a chance to live, the baby hasn't." That is just fucked up. "

Of course that is wrong. If the mother's life is at risk during any portion of the pregnancy and there is a good probability that the baby will kill her, and probably itself, than an abortion is called for. But just like rape this is a small percentage and does not require abortion to be open to the public.

I answered your last statement with my first, in this post.