View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 10:49 AM       
There is no such thing as a pleasure unit. You have no way of knowing if Warren Buffet feels any pleasure at all, let alone how much. You cannot measure the misery of the man who flipped your burger, either. Emotions are entirely subjective. They are not heat or light or money. That you can't see this distinction is testament to dleayed developement.

Nor can you say 'if he doesn't like it, why does he do it?' Peoples motivations are not torque or horsepower.

There are differences between hard science and soft, soft science and conjecture.

If you care to play this sort of game you'd do well to shut up and actually listen to what Appotioner is telling you, since he knows how to do it as opposed to gluing buzzwords and regurgitated book jacket copy together with wads of arrogance.

Case in point. "Tom, a monopoly only exists when people choose to go to the business." That might be true if it were a monopoly on gumballs. The closer to something the business comes to things people actually need, the less merit your statement has. People have all sorts of freedoms of choice. You can choose to freeze in the winter, choose to starve, choose to die. Maybe you think big Pharma isn't a monopoly. And maybe a sprightly chicken like you doesn't need medicine.

"Furthermore, I already pointed out that capitalism modifies pleasure rates by merit within the market system."

Great. Let me 'point out' to you that we can feed the hungry of the world on the meat of the monkeys flying out of your ass. Now we have both pointed out something and hopefully see the difference between pointing things out and substantiating them.

"I find no reason to assume that people do not contain unlimited amounts of pleasure units."

Let me give you one. There are no such things as pleasure units.