View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2004, 04:26 PM       
Some of those idiots are probably opposed to him for the same reason that they are opposed to Jane Fonda and others. He opposed the war and they felt betrayed even though he was one of them ... perhaps more so because he was supposed to be part of the brotherhood. Further, some of those people probably feel that their entire lives were vindicated by having served in that war. I've met other soldiers who have seemed to have placed the whole value of their lives on their military career or service in a particular conflict. I still meet those kind of people today. Sure, military service IS something of which to be proud ... so is crtical thought and an ability to look at things objectively. Can you imagine those people in the face of someone trying to take all their pride away with a few comments. It's not rocker science people; it's human nature. Although I too have issues with Jane Fonda because I think that she went over the line in a issue in which she really had no authority, in my view. I do not with Kerry because he has a right to express his views on something he's seen first hand no matter what a few souls who probably feel betrayed have to say.

Wherever you go, there you are.