View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulunga View Post
Wait, what's wrong with the graphics? I always thought this game had good sprites and backgrounds and the amount of portraits they put into this game is pretty impressive. It's also obviously better looking than just about every 3D game on that system, because goddamn, those were some ugly textures and models.

And this isn't hindsight either, I knew at the time FF7 and Resident Evil came out that they looked like crap outside of the FMVs.
I didn't mean to imply the graphics stunk, they just weren't the best graphics in that genre. They were more than good enough for the purpose of the game, but I think for some that would not be enough for people who need their graphics to be as good as a system can make them. As I said though, it was the game experience itself that made this game, not the graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardC View Post
Whenever I see square enix on anything I have an involuntary urge to run away while pluggin my ears and shouting "LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU!!"
That's a shame, although I understand the sentiment. I have become a bit disenfranchised with the Final Fanftsy series (7, 8, 10, and X-2 especially, along with many aspects of 9) But they have some great developers under their umbrella. Tri Ace is the real driving force behind Valkyrie Profile, Radiata Stories, and the Star Ocean series. You might want to give these games at least a chance despite SquareEnix being the publisher.