View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Starscream is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM       
A few idea's are itching me about this series:

First one is I think they're really moving for all 3 of the girls to go in one direction together before some inevitable break (which will probably happen if this book flops). Either they'll all end up back as villains or all end up hugging up to the New Batman like they were always friends. Something tells me that it'll be the villain way. Ivy and Quinn are a wacky duo and even if they've started to make ivy more sympathetic recently it's still probably so new that they can retcon it without much thought behind it. I just don't see Quinn going hero, even in her lightest moments shes still deranged as all get outs. With Bruce gone Selina doesn't really have her moral ancher in the world any more and getting the crap knocked out of her will only lend to her wanting to regain her standing in Gotham, Quinn and Ivy could just be what she needs, but it doesnt mean its the "good thing"

Also The fact that they wanted to know who Batman was, even though it really shouldn't matter to them because he's dead, lends to the fact that while it might really just have been "superhero girl gossip" or just plain curiousity they still have a invested intrest in seeing the good guy fall. Frankly knowing that bruce was Batman (even though it should have been a no brainer now that suddenly Wayne has a headstone in a graveyard as soon as Bats is pronounced dead) would open doors to them being able to deduce who the new Bats could be.. They're wacky but they aren't retarded beyond the normal scope of "oh we can't figure out thats just superman in glasses"..

The second thing is that this could be DC's Anti-thesis to Marvel's new "Girl Power" book, something tells me they'll never admit it but it's probably the truth. And while I hear that book, sadly I guess, is drivel, DC's book has a chance to come out telling a really good story since these are really awesome characters at their core. The writing will make or break it from there.

I'm also going to agree about Quinn, they need to put some serious tone into her. She's an awesome character and aside from her depenancy issues that lend to her madness she could carry a story on her own, probably in the same tone that Deadpool does with his mania. The problem really is that every one who uses her, even her creator, does it for the cheap laugh. Even to dumb her down, which is sad given her credentials. I think the only real way she's going to be used seriously in the coming months, or even years, will be in the upcoming Arkham Asylum game. So far it looks like she'll be pretty twisted in that.