View Single Post
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM       
It's true, people really don't take care of their consoles. People bring their 360s to me all the time looking for tech support (not that I know how to fix any of this shit) and 90% of the time the problem is that someone knocked it over or the fan area is literally choked with dust and spider eggs.

Let's get something straight, though: The 360's hardware failures are monstrous compared to those of the PS3. That's a fact. However, Microsoft probably initially tested the 360 using people who know how to take care of a console, and not the inbred morons who actually ended up buying the thing and complaining when their hardware failed because they apparently live in mud huts. So Microsoft may have excused failtastic hardware because the failure rates were considerably lower in the laboratory. Or maybe Microsoft is honestly run by a cadre of hand-wringing Scrooges, I don't know.

That's another thing to take into account, too: The 360's primary audience is mostly targeted between those golden ages of 12-24 year old males. In other words, the most irresponsible people on the planet. The PS3 is generally targeted toward older people who are interested in the Blu-Ray features and have the means to use the hardware that most younger folk don't. For every PS3 that comes to me in awful condition, there are at least 360s that have urine stains on them.