View Single Post
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM       
HowardC: First, I want to say that I am not an avid comic book reader, so I'm not sure how much validity my following comment will have. I remember that you actually submitted an entry about almost the same thing regarding The Joker and how you didn't really liked him in The Dark Knight because he is supposed to be more of a funny character. Well, I haven't seen the film yet (you can start flogging me now), but I think that you should give the character a chance to show either the viewers (in the case of the movies) or the readers (in the case of the comic books) another side of what is supposed to be their commonly accepted personality. Remember that The Joker had a reason to become a criminal in the first place: he initially struggled to be a comedian and that caused him a lot of psychological pain which, in tandem with personal tragedies, made him become a sociopath. Harley Quinn could also be exploited in another way that could give more insight of what her deeper personality is, but without leaving her trademark antics.