View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 03:43 AM       
METROID OTHER M

Actually, the game's got a lot of things that annoy me. Sometimes, the game stops you, forces you in first person, and makes you look around until you look at the right thing. You need to move the cursor over it and press B, but you need to Hold B to look around. And they make you look at the tiniest fucking details. Like green blood on the ground (covered in green grass and brown dirt. Thanks!) or little brown bugs in a black corner of a dark purple room that's occupied 90% by a giant purple flower thing, which is much more important since IT'S THE GODDAMN BOSS.

The whole thing with the missles also pisses me off. Enemies take a lot of hits with the beam, and there were times where I wanted to pop off a few missles like any other Metroid. Pointing to shoot missles sucks, and not moving while you're doing that sucks even more, especially mid-fight.

Aside from that, I really like it. The cutscenes are fantastic and transition into gameplay really well. The game's really cinematic. Things are happening all the time. It's really cool. The story is also surprisingly good; not the next Great Gatspy, but Sakamoto's a guy who knows his Science Fiction.