View Single Post
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM       
holy shit you can almost hear that guy's stubby and unappetizing boner rustle the pleats of his brooks brothers suit pants

Quote:
“I guess I struck a nerve,” Napoli said Wednesday afternoon. “I’ve heard from people in Oregon, Wisconsin, New Jersey and lots of crazy people in California.”

[...]

Napoli said Wednesday that many people had mistakenly come to the conclusion that he thinks such abortions would be available “only” to “religious virgins” in those exact circumstances. “I never said ‘only,’” Napoli said. “The quote was correct, but — typical media — they took the most outrageous thing I said.”

But Napoli added, “I’m not backing down.”

He said he believes that, under the new law, a doctor could perform an abortion if the rape was so traumatic that the pregnancy could result in the death of the mother — whether by suicide or as some other result of emotional trauma.

“Sometimes, people are so traumatized they stop eating,” Napoli said.

But Napoli also acknowledged that after such an abortion, a doctor could be prosecuted if authorities determined the diagnosis was wrong. “That could happen in any situation,” he said.