View Single Post
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 04:05 AM        THE NBA THREAD - THE N STANDS FOR
NICE!

This is a thread to talk about the NBA. The nuttiest sport of the Big 4. The playoffs are only a month a way so it's time to talk Finals!

Watching Boston destroy the once invincible Rockets really depressed me today. Boston's record against the West is probably more staggering than their regular season record is. If they get to the Finals they will probably win it. Don't get me wrong, I think Kevin Garnett is awesome but I don't like this for many other reasons.

1) It shows that you can tank a season in the NBA to become a success. The Timberwolves and Grizzlies are in full force of that.

2) If the Celtics or Pistons win, it's going to be the biggest waste of a season for the Western Conference. They are playing phenominal regular season basketball while the Celtics and Pistons are just cruising to the Eastern Finals.

3) James Posey is scumbag.

Anyway, my guess for right now is that the Celtics and the Lakers will be in the finals, which means ESPN is going to hit us over the head with "HEY THESE TEAMS PLAYED ALOT OF FINALS IN THE 60'S AND THE 80'S".

Stupid: At the All-Star break I said there would be a Hornets-Pistons Finals with the Pistons prevailing. Even stupider I said at the beginning of the year that it would be a Bulls-Mavs Final with the Mavs Winning. But at that time I thought the Bulls would at least get Gasol or Kobe. Instead they got eachother I got Drew Gooden.

Who do you think is making the finals. Who do you want making the finals? Did you know Elton Brand screwed over crew members on the Rescue Dawn set?
USEFUL NBA LINKS!!!

DAVID STERN'S OFFICIAL NBA WEBSITE
NBA Trade Machine
Basketball Reference
HoopsHype
NBA Game Flows - STAT NERDS ONLY
Image of Bill Simmons Face