View Single Post
Cat Scratch Fever!
MeowMixMaster is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:30 AM       
Soooooooooo many memories flooding back to me thanks guys!

On the vending machines

[i]I know its insane just what all kinds of stuff they have in them. I've seen several that had packs and full cartons of cigarettes. I'm a smoker so I know first hand that over there in any little shop they have on the street you can get a pack of the best brand for just a dollar american currency. Totally Unreal[I

On Street Resteraunts

Hell of a way they can make potatoes eh RoG? I never got to eat anything like that but one of their most popular choices is Rat On a Stick though I can tell you that its just a clever name. Still for a beef on a stick which I know you're familliar with they are pretty tasty.

On the strange and bizzare toys and assorted novelties

It still amazes me what all they have over there. Its funny to see some of our most beloved and well despised celebraties on the box of some of the most insane shit they sell over there. Totaly amazing.

On Protesters

Yeah I witnessed first hand some of those protests and I chose to stay as far away as I could. Most of them are not the nicest bunch to say hi to especially if you're not from their country. The scary thing is if you get caught in a tussle with one of them even if you didnt start it you get thrown in jail and they dont have to even feed you.

On Street Merchants

Talk about going the extra mile for a sales pitch. If your eyes even wander close to one of the things they're selling they will go all out demonstrating what said object can do. They really pull no punches in trying to get you to buy their stuff. I guess everyone has to make a living somehow. Fortunately a lot of stuff there is cheap. The dollar really goes a long way.

On Seoul in General

Like I told you before its like being in another world over there and they definately do Christmas big. It's fortunate that you and Re decided to go this time of year because in the summertime it's nothing but a 3 month long monsoon season. Talk about rain 24/7. Anyway I loved the toys and wax figures that you all took. On a personal note I hope you enjoyed all the chicken and ramen that Seoul had plenty of to provide you two. Oh and I hope you steered clear of the kimchee.

Anyways thanks again for sharing these photos with us and bringing back memories for me personally.