View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 11:52 AM       
"That's an assinine question, and I believe only posed to instigate an argumentative response. "

Huh. See, I thought I was only articulating Karl Roves strategy for winning the election, one that worked, I might add. Just because you personally don't share that value, I think you are very foolish to assume that it isn't of major importance in a Bush presidency.

The Rove strategy worked. The power of evangelicals will be greater in the Republican future, their desire to control the morality of others will be taken more seriously. You underestimate the danger. These are people of rising power who think Jesus is coming back in their lifetime, and that the rapture begins with all out war on the middle east. I'm fine with you going to church once a year, though I'm an every sunday guy myself, which I guess means I'm more moral than you. But if you think that was an asinine question I think you have the same level of intelectual curiosity our president does. Mix foreignb policy and religion at your peril. People who think God speaks directly to them should not run large countries.