Thread: X3!
View Single Post
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:11 PM       
The reason I don't like it is purely because of what they did with the story. The characters are virtually the same as the other movies but what they do and how they react is completely different.

you have to admit that the story does have two very seperate plots, one is the "cure" and the other is dark pheonix, niether seems to be a subplot like love triangle between jean, scott, and wolvering. I think the point that's trying to be made is that either one of the storylines would have been good if they really just focused on one of them.

They both just seemed kinda independent of each other except that they involved the same characters. If it was just cure story then there wouldn't need to be jean gray just standing there on alcatraz for 20 minutes waitining for the little boys story to get resolved. It just seemed like 2 movies meshed in to one.

The other thing is that I didn't like the movie as a conclusion to the other 2 movies. It resolved all the human vs. mutant tension without actually showing any humans. I mean as a human in the Xmen universe if I found the shit that went down on Alcatraz I would be blindly prejudice toward mutants. But instead it just kinda caps of with this almost cheesy happy ending deal. I don't know if that's part of the comic book or not but It seemed like the movie forgot what it was trying to get at until the last 10 minutes and it needed a quick fix.

And I don't buy into that "oh well he made it look good" crap. They did that in the other 2 movies too, he wasn't forging any new territory with the costumes. Everything that was good about this movie was already established in the first two.