View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM       
I'm glad you're ok for food. The way I look at it is, the dog's got you as probably its one (and only) defender/advocate, and it's a responsibility all its own. If you absolutely have to turn it over to a shelter, I'd research no-kill ones. I'm sure there are pit bull rescues, too, to deal with all of the dogs who come away from dogfight situations. Someone from a rescue might be willing to make a drive to pick the dog up, and at least then you'd know the dog would be fostered until a home was found. I'd stay as far away from kill shelters as you can.

Re: the cat...not doing it to impress anyone, I just had a major fucking problem with this:

...and fortunately, so did the animal control people, so they assured me the law was on my side with this one. I felt guilty, but I just couldn't stand to see her like that anymore.

She's very happy and healthy now...has regular vet care, all her vaccinations, successful spay and hernia repair, and regular flea/heartworm treatments: