View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
someone make flagg acknowledge me
No one can make anyone do anything on this forum. Except Publover. :hickmanchallenge

I acknowledge you as a student of science who has aspirations toward advanced degrees in physics. I approve - it's just that I find it too early to pass judgement on certain tenets of scientific reasoning as immutable. If that were the case, then we'd still believe the earth was the center of the universe. (Perhaps a bit over the top as an analogy, but there it is.)

Keep in mind that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - paraphrased from Robert L. Forward.

Incidentally, the late Dr. Forward was a proponent of space tethers, a precursor to Willie's space elevator. We can't build one yet (we haven't invented the materials for one thing) but the physics is sound, and it would send the space shuttle to the slag heap pretty quickly.
You may already be there.