View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 11:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
So like sometimes when I go running/do cardio for long periods of time the next day I feel like my muscles hurt MUCH THE SAME WAY IT WOULD AFTER DOING STRENGTH TRAINING, except its all over instead of some specific locale.
except most of that pain is lactic acid buildup, and you'd get the same "overall hurt" effect if you used compound lifts like squats/deadlifts/other olympic lifts instead of using nautilus machines like a faggot

Quote:
so I'm theoretically burning just as many calories from "Repairing" my muscles with cardio as I am with strength training.
lol no

okay, maybe during week 1

Quote:
Also once you get to the point that you're no longer increasing the weight of the weights, wouldn't you no longer rip your muscles as much meaning they wouldn't be healing as much on the offtimes/burning calories?
The idea is that you'd still want to try to lift beyond capacity, but not eat enough to give your muscles the power ot grow back bigger, just enough to repair themselves.